We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Root vegetable soup
Fennel, parsnip, potato and other root vegetables are softened and combined with cream to make this flavourful soup with a natural sweetness.
6 people made this
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 yam, peeled and cubed
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and cubed
- 1L water, or as needed to cover
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 120ml whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon soured cream, divided
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:55min
- Place onion, potato, parsnip, sweet potato, yam and fennel cubes into a large saucepan and add water to cover. Bring to the boil and stir in chicken stock cubes. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and reserve cooking stock.
- Place vegetables and 250ml of reserved stock into a blender, cover and blend until smooth. Pour in cream and season the soup with salt. Pulse several times to combine. If soup is too thick, blend in more cooking stock. Serve in bowls topped with a small dollop of sour cream.
You can find yams in specialist African or Caribbean shops.