We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
Canestrelli genovesi are the most famous biscuits in the Italian region of Genova, around Christmastime and during the rest of the year.
9 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 80 biscuits
- 2 egg yolks
- 180g caster sugar
- 300g butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar or grated lemon zest
- 500g plain flour
- milk as needed
- icing sugar for dusting
MethodPrep:1hr ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:1hr › Ready in:2hr10min
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and butter until foamy. Slowly add vanilla sugar and flour. If the mixture is too thick, add a little bit of milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, which makes it easier to roll out the biscuits.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Roll out the mixture on a floured work surface and cut out shapes of your choice. The original canestrelli have a hole in the centre. Place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly coloured, about 10 minutes. They should still be soft.
- Remove from the oven and dust generously with icing sugar while still warm.