We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Side dish
This dish is Moroccan inspired, but with a Lebanese twist. It's delicious served with freshly cooked basmati rice or couscous.
19 people made this
- Harissa Paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons crushed chillies
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or as needed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 275g diced peeled butternut squash
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 pinch salt
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 3/4 (300g) tins broad beans, drained
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dark brown soft sugar
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 60g chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr45min ›Ready in:2hr5min
- To make harissa paste: Heat a dry frying pan over high heat and add coriander, caraway and cumin seeds. Shake pan gently until spices become fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and pour seeds into mortar and grind with pestle to a fine powder. Add garlic, salt, paprika and crushed chillies, mashing and stirring until garlic is incorporated with the spices. Mixture will be dry and crumbly. Add enough of the 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil until you have a thick paste. Use fewer crushed chillies if you prefer less heat. Set aside.
- Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large pot and add finely chopped onions and garlic. Cook slowly over low heat until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Push onions aside in the pot and stir in the anchovies. Cook anchovies until they soften, mashing them with the back of a wooden spoon until they dissolve. Stir together with the onion and garlic mixture.
- Add the butternut squash, carrots, pepper, frozen peas and a pinch of salt. Stir and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Pour in the stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for about a minute.
- Stir in the drained broad beans, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, bay leaf and harissa paste (from step 1). Add dark brown soft sugar and pomegranate molasses. Bring back to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for about 1 1/2 hours. The long, slow cooking time allows the flavours to deepen.
- Just before serving, stir in the chopped parsley. Top with the mint, if you like.
Pomegranate molasses is also known as pomegranate syrup. It can be purchased in speciality stores or online.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(12)
Reviews in English (9)
I made this, but didn't have any peppers or fava beans (I would have substituted frozen soya beans or tinned chickpeas for them, but I was out of them as well). Since I don't like hot dishes, I substituted peppercorns for the red pepper flakes as well. I also added some quorn chunks, as I had them out to make another dish before I decided to use this recipe. It came out "okay", but not really so special, and a bit over-tomatoey. Since we had enough left for the next meal, I added spinach to it, as well as paunchparum spices (a combination of fennel, fenugreek, corriander, cumin and mustard seeds) roasted in some oil. And this time it was very yummy. I know that I've perhaps altered the dish beyond recognition, but it did turn out fine and I'll probably do it again.-12 Aug 2008
by Nichole Peterson
So flavorful and filling! I cheated a little bit by buying Harissa Paste from a store. And to let the flavors blend even more, after I sauteed the onions and garlic, I put everything in a crock pot on low all day.-03 Oct 2010
Wonderful and so healthy. I took a short cut and used store-bought harissa paste, though unfortunately, the store-bought did not have all the spices included here. Don't be afraid to use the anchovy which is not evident in the finished dish. I have added these to other dishes and it helps deepen flavors. It's an umami thing.-13 Jan 2015
Middle-Eastern Broad Bean Stew recipe - Recipes
This is Cucumber Juice Drink Beverage. This cake is use for wedding cakes. More
BROAD OR BUTTER BEANS PEPPER STEW
&bull 1 pack Tofu (cut to cubes)
&bull 3 cups of Coconut Milk, ( or less)
&bull 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
&bull ¼ teaspoon of Parsley (dry or fresh) - optional
&bull ¼ teaspoon of Basil (dry or fresh) - optional
&bull ½ of an Onion (diced)
&bull small piece of Ginger
&bull 1 of Escallion (fold whole and remove in the end)
&bull ½ of Scotch Bonnet Pepper, (or seedless no heat)
&bull ¼ teaspoon of Pimento Seeds (whole)
&bull ¼ cup of Coconut Oil (any oil)
Broad or Butter Beans Pepper Stew Recipe:
- Slice the tofu into cubes. Lay them on a paper towel allowing the water drain off.
- Peel, wash, and prepare all the vegetable.
- Put to heat a frying pot for stewing.
- Put your stove gauge on flame 6.
- After one minute, add oil.
- After one, minute more. Fry the tofu one to two minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Put the fried tofu aside. Romove some of the oil.
- Next, turn the stove gauge on flame 4.
- Add the onion, garlic, Escallion, and herbs, slowly stir in and sauté for 15 seconds.
- Now, add the coconut milk, stir in, and then pepper, and pimento seeds.
- Leave pot uncovered, allow to simmer for 8 to10 minutes or until thicken. On flame high!
- Add the fried plantain 3 minutes at the end.
- You can add tofu in it. Just fry it with the seasonings.
- Serve Tofu Rundung accompaniment with brown rice or boiled yam, pumpkin, potatoes, or bananas.
Jamaican Rastafarian Foods cookbook
Copyright © MiQuel Marvin Samuels
All rights reserved.
(Posh Entertainment Publishing)
What do the think about jamaicandinners/
Broad or Butter Beans Pepper Stew recipe ?
JAMAICAN FOOD COOKBOOK
JAMAICAN FOOD COOKBOOK
Subscribe, Comment, Share your thoughts, on JamaicanFoodRecipes YOUTUBE-Channel.
(Daily Advise Facts Tips Did you Know?#503:Structured Settlement - Structured Settlement Sec. 141.006. PROCEDURE FOR APPROVAL OF TRANSFERS Proposed transfer and the application for authorization, including with the notices (1) a copy of the transferee's application (2) a copy of the transfer agreement (3) a copy of the disclosure statement required under Section 141.003 (4) a listing of each of the payee's dependents, together with each dependent's age
(Daily Advise Facts Tips Did you Know?#504: Structured Settlement -Structured Settlement Sec. 141.006. PROCEDURE FOR APPROVAL OF TRANSFERS (a) An application under this chapter for approval of a transfer of structured settlement payment rights shall be made by the transferee and shall be brought in the court. (b) At least 20 days before the date of the scheduled hearing on any application for approval of a transfer of structured settlement payment rights under Section 141.004, the transferee shall file with the court and serve on all interested parties a notice of the proposed transfer and the application for authorization, including with the notices.
'Mesothelioma Law Firm - Mesothelioma - a form of carcinoma of the mesothelium lining lungs or abdomen or heart. We also want to emphasize the best possible mesothelioma settlement must be earned.', 'Donate Car for Tax Credit', 'Sell Annuity Payment - Sell Annuity Payment: How to Sell a Structured Settlement? Selling your structured settlement is a good idea. Educate yourself when to sell it and how you should do it. ', 'Nunavut Culture - 'Human beings' or 'the people' Are words for 'Inuit or Inuktitut ' the definition of Inuit. Inuit Culture. The indigenous people of Nunavut, and people living in the Northwest Territories, Greenland and Alaska. They live in extreme arctic conditions, a traditional lifestyle of the Inuit.', 'Home Phone Internet Bundle', 'Cheap Auto Insurance - Types of Insurances: are Auto Insurance, Local Car Insurance, Motorcycle Insurance, and Boat Insurance RV Insurance, Commercial Auto Insurance, Truck Insurance, Renters Insurance,', 'Asbestos Lawyers', 'Mesothelioma Law Firm'
Copyright©JAMAICANDINNERS/cookbook/(infinite!). All Rights Reserved to MiQuel Marvin Samuels Family Inc. "Designed by: PEP-1(876)861-2826"
Fava Bean Salad With Chermoula
This easy cooked Fava Bean Salad is usually offered as a side, but it can also be served as a vegetarian main dish. Moroccans typically eat it as a dip with Moroccan bread or as finger food. Whether or not to remove the fava bean skins is left to the preference of the diner.
Cauliflower Shawarma Berber
This dish will make you dust off the grill in preparation for spring, and the taste of pomegranate will remind you of warm days on the way. Get the recipe for Cauliflower Shawarma Berber » Matt Taylor-Gross
Subscribe Now and Save 72%
Limited time offer. Saveur for iPad included. Gift subscriptions available.
Broad bean recipes
Pop these delicious bright beans from their pods and serve whole or crushed.
Broad bean, feta & watercress salad
Peppery watercress makes a bold base for this simple side dish, finished with crumbled cheese and crunchy pine nuts
Tomato, burrata & broad bean salad
Chop up tomatoes, toss with salt, top with creamy burrata and slather with a broad bean-flecked salsa verde to make this simple yet super-tasty salad
Pea & broad bean shakshuka
We’ve turned a classic brunch shakshuka dish into more of a sharing main course by adding seasonal spring vegetables like peas, broad beans and asparagus
- 1 pound beef oxtail, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 scotch bonnet chile pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup canned fava beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice berries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Toss the oxtail with the onion, green onion, garlic, ginger, chile pepper, soy sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the oxtail in the skillet until browned all over, about 10 minutes. Place into a pressure cooker, and pour in 1 1/2 cup water. Cook at pressure for 25 minutes, then remove from heat, and remove the lid according to manufacturer's directions.
Add the fava beans and allspice berries, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water, and stir into the simmering oxtail. Cook and stir a few minutes until the sauce has thickened, and the beans are tender.
Khoresh-e Ghormeh Sabzi (Persian Herb, Bean and Lamb Stew)
Con Poulos for The New York Times. Food Stylist: Simon Andrews. Prop Stylist: Paige Hicks.
There are three essential elements to this khoresh, or stew, which is often called Iran’s national dish. First, the sweet, pungent flavor of dried or fresh fenugreek leaves defines the stew, which simply isn’t the same without it. Likewise, Omani limes (also known as dried Persian limes) add a distinct aged sourness that is vital to the dish. Finally, the classic Persian technique of sautéing a mountain of finely minced herbs lends character and complexity to the foundation of the stew. Don’t be afraid to really cook down the herbs until quite dark and dry this step is essential to concentrate their flavor.
Middle-Eastern Broad Bean Stew recipe - Recipes
Post YOUR Own Recipes! share your tips and collect your favorite recipes Submit Seafood and lots of other dishes quick and easy recipes for all
Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat.
Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, parsley, cumin, and bay leaves and continue to saute for another 5 to 10 minutes until the flavors are nicely combined.
Add the water to the pot and bring to a boil.
Add the Fava beans and lower the heat to a simmer. Simmer covered for 45 minutes.
Remove the cover and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Simmer another 10 to 15 minutes until the beans are tender cooked but not mushy.
Serve with a drizzle of your favorite extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
Vegetarian casserole with three beans
Beans, tomato and spinach for when it's cold outside: this veggie green bean casserole has a kick and is perfect for meat-free Monday with the family. High protein and only 153 calories per serving.
Published: September 11, 2017 at 9:30 am
- onion 1 large, finely chopped
- garlic 1-2 cloves, crushed
- olive oil
- ground cumin 1 tbsp
- chopped tomatoes 400g tin
- kidney beans 200g tin, rinsed and drained
- cannellini beans 200g tin, rinsed and drained
- green beans 100g, chopped
- spinach 100g, washed and roughly chopped
Cook the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until softened. Add the cumin and cook for a minute. Tip in the tomatoes, plus a cup of water and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened. Add all the beans and cook for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for another 5. Serve with crusty brown bread.