We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Coconut biscuits and cookies
These Maltese coconut fingers are so easy to make. You can decorate with cherries or almonds, or a mixture, if desired, or you can dip them in chocolate!
Malta Island, Malta
13 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 16 coconut fingers
- 200g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g unsalted butter
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- cherries or almonds, to decorate
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Extra time:30min › Ready in:1hr10min
- Shift flour and baking powder together. Rub in butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add sugar and coconut and mix. Add eggs to form a smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Form 8 to 10cm (3 to 4 in) fingers. Put a cherry or almond on top of each finger, pressing gently. Place fingers on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake in a preheated 180 C / Gas 4 oven for 20 to 30 minutes or till light golden brown in colour (ensure they're only a light brown as if you leave them too long they will become hard). Remove and let cool on a wire rack.
You can also dip each half of them in some melted chocolate, in which case you don't need to use the cherries or almonds.